22 May 2011

Our Classroom Mural - Houses and Homes

As part of our Houses and Homes theme this term, we decided to make a city skyline mural. We used a giant piece of denim canvas and stuck all the buildings we designed onto it. We also had stars in the sky which had little poems inside them that we wrote about our homes.


I enjoy looking at our city skyline mural a lot. I liked designing it with my partners Zainub and Fatema. We made a pretty blue tower with light blue walls. - Prinyanka

I designed the building on my whiteboard. I worked with Abdur. I learnt that when you build a building it is important to have a design. - Cameron

I designed my building with Faathima and we made a mosque. We stuck in windows and a star. It was fun learning to make a building with paper - Hannah

My friend and I drew our design ideas on our whiteboards and then we combined our ideas together to make our final building design. In the end it was beautiful. - Katelyn

I enjoyed working with my partner Attiyah. She was a good partner and had some good ideas in her head. - Luyanda

We designed our building to be a church. I worked with my best friend Velenkosini. It was made of different coloured cardboard. - Banele

My friend Luyanda and I worked together. We made a castle shaped building. We liked our building and worked well together. - Attiyah

I worked on this project with Tiyara. We thought about it a lot together. I really enjoyed making this project. - Amierah

Banele and I worked together on this. We drew sketches on our whiteboards and then came up with our final decision. We worked together as a team. The thing I found challenging was when we tried to combine ideas. - Velenkosini

My friend Sahl and I worked together. We designed it and then made it together. I learnt how to work with someone. - Mohammed. H

I designed my building on my white board. I worked with Amierah. I learnt how to work with a friend. - Tiyara

We designed the building with blue cardboard and we have a light blue dome. We made a thin, tall building. I worked with two other girls. I learnt that working together is fun and exciting. - Fatema. H



Our teacher gave us stars and we wrote poems inside them. We decorated them with glitter. We also made a moon and covered it with yellow beads. - Priyanka

I think the buildings look really good and colourful, and the stars stand out well. -Tauha

2 comments:

  1. Great Blog Grade 4P!! Keep it up! - Miss Phaup

    ReplyDelete
  2. I like the idea of a skyline.

    ReplyDelete