22 May 2011

Famous Buildings - English Orals

Our task was to make an oral about a famous building or structure. We had to make a poster with pictures on it and write a big heading. I enjoyed the part where I asked Miss Phaup a joke related to the oral and she didn't know the answer so I told her. It was hard to stand in front of the class. I learnt how to organise and make my oral working all by myself. - Fatema H.

I learnt a lot about the Taj Mahal from listening to an oral. Did you know that all the workers' hands were chopped off after they had built the Taj Mahal, so that they could never build another one? - Tauha

I tried my best and I enjoyed doing this oral. I have decided that I will not be shy when I do an oral from now on. - Banele

I made key cards and a poster for my oral. I enjoyed Fatema's oral, it was very interesting and I learnt a lot. - Tiyara

My aim was to plan my oral nicely. I made a poster of the Moses Mabhida Stadium. I enjoyed it a lot but it was difficult not to feel nervous. - Mohammed H.

I did my oral on the Eiffel Tower. I liked Fatema's oral as she did the Empire State Building. - Haaris

Doing the English oral was fun! I did mine on the Taj Mahal. - Tarika

I loved the way Faatimah G. did her oral. It encouraged me to do mine like hers. - Zainub

I had fun putting all the information together by myself for my English oral. We had to pick a building and give a speech and make a poster. I chose the Sydney Opera House. It was fun being able to do it all by myself. - Priyanka

I enjoyed making and finding the pictures for this project. The challenge was finding a lot of information. I learnt more about my magnificent building. I enjoyed Tarika's oral on the Taj Mahal. - Faatimah G.

It was a challenge to find a building that no one had chosen. I learnt a lot about buildings from listening to the orals. I liked Sahl's oral about the Burj Khalifa. - Muhummud C.

I enjoyed my oral. The challenging part was trying not to mumble. I learnt a lot about the Leaning Tower of Pisa. - Cameron


















4 comments:

  1. beutiful posters must have ben hard work.Keep the good work up.

    ReplyDelete
  2. well done 4p katelyn

    ReplyDelete
  3. Woderful and Creative.
    Well Done Grade 4P
    :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. I think you need to come and show the older children your posters, they are lovely.

    ReplyDelete